xffm

Danny danny.milo at gmx.net
Tue Apr 15 19:55:14 CEST 2003

Xffm all in all seems to be very promising :)

It would be a good feature to be able to drag file names from the "text
window" (at the bottom) to a new folder and then they would be moved
there.

Why I'd like this?
I am imagining something like this:
Say I have a folder with 10000 pictures, all to be sorted into some
categories but still unsorted and I want to categorize them (into
subfolders).

I have the option of just marking which ever and then drag&drop to the
destination folder.

However, it would be cool to have a "Command&Conquer" (or "Diablo") like
"selecting" support (ctrl+[1234] there), so that I can "grab" 10 files
from all over the place into a "slot" and then calmly go find the target
folder (far far away ;)) and then say "drop collection 1 there".

This would be ideal.

But as an compromise I thought since the file gets added to the text
window when I press the middle mouse button, perhaps I can "misuse" the
text window as a collection, then go find the target folder and then
mark the file names of the files I want in the text window, and drag the
"text selection" to the target :D
However, it did not work... the adding of the file names to the text
window worked, the marking in the text window worked, the dragging to
the target folder worked *too*, but it does not do anything when I
finally drop it there O_o

So just a suggestion :D
move(collection_of_filenames[x], selected_folder)   ;)

Thanks :)