How can I help?

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Apr 14 15:42:48 CEST 2003

El dom, 13-04-2003 a las 23:40, John Quigley escribió:
> Alright, I'll hop on this:
> >   How about .po translations to american english
> > (en_US) to get started?
> > Most of the guys who are writing code are in Europe,
> > where the british
> > version is used (en_GB) in the C locale.
>
> in a few days.  Though I've never been involved in
> translation related things, a quick google pooped up
> some information that should send me on my way.

The po stuff is an easy entry point. Just look for the
po/[application].pot file, copy it to en_US.po and then look through it
for the proper way to say things in american english (and american
spelling). For example, in some countries "filesystems" is preferred
over "fstab" or "favourites" over of "bookmarks". Looking at all the
messages also gives you an idea at what the code already does, but may
be too difficult to find.

Edscott