Panel autohide

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Apr 8 08:09:23 CEST 2003

Hey Erik,

On 07 Apr 2003 22:57:07 -0500
Erik Touve <etouve at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've had very few moments to look into the panel autohide, but I've
> been able to spend a few hours here and there between tax preparation,
> to have a few questions.

Great!

> Why can't I move the panel off or partially off the screen?  I'm
> assumeing its some sort of master controller out of my reach that's
> checkin the window and repositing it so that it's always onscreen.
> Since this isn't C++ and this panel is defined globally, I'm having
> trouble tracking down the culprit.

That would probably be the window manager. Anyway, what I think you
should do is hide the panel and create a new empty window of a few
pixels high with the same width as the panel and put that on the edge of
the screen.

> When I create a new window, attach a signal handler for mouse focus,
> why won't my new window get the signal called?  Is there another place
> I need to register with?

Sounds like that should work. By the way, I think you may want to use
the enter-notify and leave-notify events instead.

If you send me some code I could have a look at it and see if I can find
something.

	Jasper