Status of xfce 4

BluPhoenyx quazar at dcnet2000.com
Tue Apr 1 21:55:46 CEST 2003

On 01 Apr 2003 21:31:49 +0200
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:

> > IMHO, you won't like the xsm system since it's not as sophisticated as
> > other desktop session managers. However, with a little effort you may
> > manage to make it somewhat functional. Be aware that some program
> > aren't session aware in respect to size and location or screen so you
> > may still wind up needing a way to deal with this.
>
> xfwm4 should take care of that.

Is this planned functionality? When working with this xsm setup I used Xfwm4 as the window manager. Things worked ok for Xfce4 programs but others exhibit this problem as they aren't session aware.

Which brings up a question. Will there ever be similar functionality such as version 3 where you can define window options. IE, no title or sticky etc?

Mike T