About recent CVS update (double free bug)

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri Sep 27 11:07:30 CEST 2002

Hi Jasper,

> - In the clock module you make clock->frame be pc->main. Doesn't this
> prevent the right click callback to be connected since a frame is a no
> window widget?

No. It works AFAICT.

> - You canged pc->base from an eventbox to a frame. I think we lose one
> or two pixels for the button in that case. Is this on purpose?

No, reducing the size by 2 pixels is not on purpose. But the use of an
eventbox without the need for an actual eventbox looked like a hack to
me. The fact is that I was exploring all possible causes for the
double-free-bug, including receiving events twice because of two
eventboxes. It showed the problem was not coming from that, but as I
felt more comfortable with using a frame were a frame was meant, I left
it.

Cheers,
Olivier.