[XFCE4 CVS] Another minor update :)

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Sep 24 18:46:27 CEST 2002

Xavier,

I'm a little puzzled. Don't the size should be driven by the widget ? So
why did you change just builtins.c ?

In my opinion, the size request stuff should be in the clock widget
rather than in the builtin.c file. This doesn't necessarily show with
led mode, but I guess you'll have to use hacks to implement similar
stuff for the digital mode. The size of the widget depends on the font
used for the clock widget in digital mode, and that is know by the clock
widget. So I wonder how you can do something similar for the digital
mode in a clean manner. Don't forget that the user might specify a
special font fot he clock widget in the .gtkrc file...

I mean, since it's up to the widget to set its size, you could use tiny
led size in tiny panel mode, medium led size in small and medium panel
size and huge led size for large panel size and let the clock widget
give you its prefered size using standard gtk size request events (if I
remember well).

I know I haven't put my hands in the clock/panel interaction design
enough, so this question could sound out of scope, but it lokks more
"natural" to me.

Cheers,
Olivier.

--
Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.