Updated patch

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Sep 24 10:42:38 CEST 2002

> Olivier, what are you saying? I'm shocked.
>
> Does that mean I can try to implement a panel like the Eugenia
> screenshot? Or is that for xfce5. With separators instead of the central
> frame, handles on the left and the right, everything a module. Ooh the
> possibilities ... Traditional style would be really ugly then, BTW.

Please do what you feel is the best. We are in a devel process, it means
that we can break anything and everything that needs to be
redone/improved.

And yes, I think Eugenia's design looks great. It doesn't necessarily
mean that you must make everything a module, unless *you* think it's the
best for xfce.

To make things clear, what I like in CDE is not its look, but the idea
of multiple drawers on the main panel w/out cascading sub menus. I
*hate* windows concept of cascading submenus, it's really confusing to
me because I just cannot remember where apps are when I need to run
them.

Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.
Designed for productivity,  it loads  and  executes  applications fast,
while conserving  system resources. XFce is all free software, released
under GNU General Public License.    Available from http://www.xfce.org