Updated patch

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Sep 24 10:21:47 CEST 2002

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> I speak about this with Jasper and we agreed that there was no need to
>
>>get an option for that. For instance it may be not as pretty as I say,
>>but I have ideas that can make people change their minds about this.
>

> There is already an option that could be used for that. It's the "panel
> style".
>
> If panel style is set to modern, remove the frame, otherwise, put the
> frame.

Yes, that's it. The color backgrounds can go in the traditional style,
if we have them (please see my mail about gtk colors).

> It really doesn't look homogeneous with the rest of the panel if you put
> a frame in "modern" style. The panel looks "slick" and clean without
> that frame. I know it doesn't look like CDE at all, but it's really time
> to push CDE concepts out of xfce (sorry Joe).
>
> Cheers,

Olivier, what are you saying? I'm shocked.

Does that mean I can try to implement a panel like the Eugenia
screenshot? Or is that for xfce5. With separators instead of the central
frame, handles on the left and the right, everything a module. Ooh the
possibilities ... Traditional style would be really ugly then, BTW.

Sorry. I got carried away ;-)

	Jasper