panel iconify buttons

Joakim Andreasson joakim.andreasson at gmx.net
Sun Sep 22 02:57:08 CEST 2002

On 21 Sep 2002 17:11:15 +0200
Jens Luedicke <jens at irs-net.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 15:56, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> > hey Jens,
> >
> > It's new to me. They just seem to beep now ;-)
> >
> > So you actually iconify the panel? I have been wondering if that was
> > useful for anyone. Just out of curiosity, why do you want to iconify
> > the panel?
> >

> You can remove them, but they should work if you keep them ;-)
> I usually don't iconify the panel and I wouldn't miss them.
>
> If they are typical for CDE its probably better to keep them ;-))
> (otherweise someone may miss them....)

Yes, of course someone will miss them! They should work, otherwize they
shouldn't be there! And the CDE dictates they should be there. So they
should!

On a serious note, some people use XFce because they like the CDE. And
the CDE has some good ideas, besides the difficulties of configuration
and some other clumsiness. Why shouldn't XFce implement the good ideas
from CDE and let go of the bad ones?

Happy hacking,
Joakim