[XFCE4] XFCE4 is crashing

Xavier MAILLARD zedek at fxgsproject.org
Thu Sep 19 00:40:34 CEST 2002

Hi,

Well I don't really know why but when I start xfce4, I only have the
panel displayed. Up to this all is ok :)

The problem comes whenever I try to configure the panel and uncheck the
box "Keep on top".

The crash occurs when no other windows are displayed. So unchecking the
box leads 100% to a crash (X restarting).

I tried the same thing but after having opened another window (actually
an xterm), I uncheck the box "Keep panel on top" and magically it
worked.

I try to see where the bugs could occurs but I couldn't find the origin.

It seems (but I am not sure) that the problem is happening in the
function void set_window_type_dock(GtkWidget * window, gboolean set) of
wmhint.c

Problem is I don't have enough knowledge to play with that file as it is
related to the freedekstop standards (I don't know for the
moment). Please somebody can confirm that he/she gets the same thing and
where does it occur.

Thanx.

zeDek