-Wno-implicit-int ?

Guido Draheim guidod-2002- at gmx.de
Sun Sep 15 15:12:29 CEST 2002

I found the following in the configure.in script.
Is that a common problem with X11?
I'd like to can this one into an ac-macro ready
to be reused - I have one for -fstrict-prototypes
where I check some signal()-functions to be sane
or not in the current system. There are a lot of
system who will give a load of warnings otherwise.
Which function should one pick to test for this
check? Is there a common OS/gcc combination that
I can have a look? (it's not said here).

TIA, guido

dnl ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
dnl depending on the version of gcc used, using '-Wno-implicit-int' oppresses
dnl the ridiculous messages printed because of the X11 prototypes from the
dnl X11 headers.  the downside to doing this, of course, is that code in
dnl the application itself which have implicit int declarations will go
dnl unnoticed.  but oh well; whomever writes the code should be sure not to
dnl use any implicit declarations.
     if echo "$CFLAGS" | grep "\-Wno-implicit-int" > /dev/null 2> /dev/null; then
       CFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
     else
       echo "updating CFLAGS with extra '-Wno-implicit-int' option"
       CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -Wno-implicit-int"
     fi