How to play with xfwm4?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sat Sep 14 19:48:42 CEST 2002

Hi Jonathan,

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 12:21:47 -0400
Jonathan Gardner <gardnerj at provide.net> wrote:

> On Friday, the 13th day of September, in the year of our Lord 2002, at
> 12:13 PM
> the esteemed person of letters, Olivier Fourdan quoth:
>
> This may or may not be related, but I've noticed that my Alt-F*
> actions are different than what is in my .xfwm4rc file. for instance
> my file says the Alt-f5 should make a window sticky,  but in actuality
> Alt-F3 does that. Any idea what's causing this? My biggest use for
> this is gKrellM which I don't want to use window borders with.

I just noticed I have the same problem.

Gkrellm does have a module that can take care of this. It implements the
gnome hints. Gkrellm2 has this functionality built-in, but I don't think
there are any plugins for it yet.

> The only other thing I miss is session management. Is there an app
> that'll allow xfwm to remember what was running and start them up
> where they were when I logged out yet? Right now my Xfce4 file in
> /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/ starts, xfwm4, xfbd4, xfdeskmenu, gkrellm and
> lastly xfce4. Besides this, I'm loving it. My only complaint with
> Xfce3 was that I could never make it "pretty" (to me). That is MORE
> that solved with xfwm4.  I love the retro theme. And many many high
> praises for the person or people responsible for xfdeskmenu.

Session management is not yet implemented, but will be added eventually.
Possibly in the form of an xfsession app.

Jasper

> Cheers,
> Jonathan

IRC channel: #xfce on irc.openprojects.net