libxfcegui4 v 0.0.4 in CVS

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Mon Oct 21 10:30:04 CEST 2002

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi Jasper,
>

>>Am I correct thinking the tasklist cannot group applications in one
>>button (that's a very important feature IMHO)?
>

> Nope, you're wrong here. It's an option. In the example it defaults to "pack
> when missing room". You can change that.

hmm, ok, I'll check again.

>>I couldn't find net hints to define struts. As it is now xfwm4
>>sometimes
>>places windows under a dock type panel, which is difficult if that
>>panel
>>is on the top of the screen. Is there a function to set this?
>

> You're right, you need to use struts. But do you really need a function to
> define this ? I mean, it's an array and an atom. But we can add this anyway.

I thought it would be nice to have convenience functions for the most
important _NET_* hints and this would be one of them, but you're right,
it is not really necessary.

>>Just playing with the code I got this screenshot:
>>http://members.home.nl/jbhuijsmans/20021021.png
>

> Nice. I've been thinking of a module for the panel, similar to the desktop
> buttons, but that would use the pager instead. Quite easy to do I think.

Yes, I thought of that too. It would be even simpler than the desktop
buttons, because the pager can just be plugged in ;-)