Taskbar

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Oct 16 17:09:54 CEST 2002

> I think libwnck even provides pager and taskbar implementations. It
> would mean adding another dependency. I don't know if this is
> acceptable. I don't think libwnck depends on anything but gtk, so it
> would indeed only be one added dependency.
>
> Olivier, what are youre thoughts on this?

AFAICK, it only depends on gtk+ (latest CVS depends on gtk+-2.1.0
unstable though)

I asked Havoc why the package was considered unstable. He said because
the API was subject to change. It doesn't mean the code itself is
unstable.

I have no problem adding a new dependency on libwnck *if* this can help
moving forward and if we can use the time to think about our own
implementation.

Using libwnck gives us instantly a working taskbar and a working pager,
out of the box.

Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.
Designed for productivity,  it loads  and  executes  applications fast,
while conserving  system resources. XFce is all free software, released
under GNU General Public License.    Available from http://www.xfce.org