Taskbar

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Wed Oct 16 13:07:21 CEST 2002

Biju Chacko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to hack up a taskbar. I've got something working, but
> it doesn't integrate well (visually) with XFce. I think we need to
> develop a consensus on:
>
> 	* whether we want a task bar

I think so, yes.

> 	* whether it should be visually independent or part of the panel or
> both.

I'd say both. It shouldn't be to difficult to make it a GtkPlug if
called with a GtkSocket id and a normal window if run without arguments.
The difficult part would be to adapt it to the panel dimensions.

> Personally, I prefer having icons on the desktop. I dislike the
> windows-ish look of taskbars. So if we are to have a taskbar, I would
> prefer to have one that is part of the panel.

It does sound to me as just different presentations of the same info. I
believe it should be possible to incorporate this in the same app.

However it may be better/easier to have separate programs with a common
library or something.

	Jasper