[xfce4]: clock now a plugin

Xavier MAILLARD zedek at fxgsproject.org
Sun Oct 6 08:43:00 CEST 2002

Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> disait récemment que :

> Hi all,

Hi,

> I intend to change the clock and trash modules into a plugin. My idea is
> to only have builtin modules for icon launchers, desktop switcher (I
> still have to make that a normal module), and anything that requires
> internal functions (exit, setup).

That's a good idea. As far as I remember, why didn't let me do it when I
proposed it ? :) Nevermind. Good for me.

> As a first step I have moved the clock to be a plugin. This means that
> the first time you'll start the panel after rebuiding it, if you had a
> clock on the panel it will not work now. Just change it by right
> clicking on the item and choosing the XFce clock in the dialog.

Hopefully I read always the code when I update my CVS so I just have
seen this just in time. I think all the stuff being plugins is really a
good solution. Congrats.

> Jasper

zeDek

P.S: sorry for the xfce-utils, I plan to commit it when it's ready but I
don't have enough time for instance :( I'm very busy but I think this
should be done on monday/tuesday. I promise I really do efforts :) but
time is really missing :(