xfce4 ui thoughts

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Nov 26 14:44:59 CET 2002

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:27:45 +0100 (MET)
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:

> > > 4) The add button shouldnt use a gtk stock icon. Every icon in
> > > xfce
> > is
> > > themable and the standard stock icon looks silly with certain icon
> > > themes.
> > >

> > This is definitely interesting. Easy to add too. I think I'll change
> > this.
> >

> The goal of stock icons is to share the same icons for the same tasks
> between apps. I'm really against changing this here (and that's not
> just because we did the exact opposite a few weeks ago :) )
>
> Once a people get to an agreeement on the xdg list, gtk will have its
> stovk icons themable. Until then, let's stick with standard stock
> icons for standard tasks.

Ok, agreed. We'd have to make the xfce icons stock items as well, but
that shouldn't be too difficult.

It may be some time before agreement is reached though, there seems to
be a bit of a disagreement between Alex Larsson from GNOME and someone
from KDE.

Well, we have some time before XFce is ready I guess ;-)

	Jasper