bug report in xfce4

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sun Nov 10 10:16:22 CET 2002

Hey Olivier,

Quick solution for your crash: change showcentral="0" to showcentral="1"
I'll look into this bug.

The positioning bug you see is I believe unrelated (I'm not completely
sure yet). The problem is it works just fine for me. Is this bug
reproducible for you?

It seems the panel adds a phantom item somewhere along the line
(switcher position changes from 10 to 11). This is probably related,
because counting right is a necessary condition to get the positioning
done correctly.

Writing this I suddenly realise that this may happen if you have added
an item and then removed it. I knew I had to fix this, but I keep
forgetting about it. It's the first thing I'll do now ...

The different numbers in the preferences dialog and the item dialog are
just the difference between number of items (without the switcher) and
the position on the panel, which includes the switcher. Do you think
this is too confusing?

I'm still wondering if and how I should make the switcher into a normal
panel item. That would require the possibility for a panel item to hide
or remove it's associated popup menu. I feel this would be nice to have
anyway.

Finally, it seems your concept of left and right are the opposite mine
;-)

Thanks,
	Jasper

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.openprojects.net