modified xfce4 xfwm4 xfce-utils and libxfcegui4

Jonathan Gardner gardnerj at provide.net
Sat Nov 9 18:27:57 CET 2002

On Saturday, the 09th day of November, in the year of our Lord 2002, at
05:34 PM the esteemed person of letters, Olivier Fourdan quoth:

OF> Jonathan,
OF>
OF> > Well no, I don't have anything installed anywhere else. I'm pretty
OF> > careful about that. When I try tp start xfce4 from a terminal I see:
OF> > [gardnerj at localhost gardnerj]$ xfce4
OF> > ** Message: xfce4: Cannot connect to session manager
OF> > Killed
OF> > [gardnerj at localhost gardnerj]$
OF>
OF> Don't get confused by "Cannot connect to session manager", it's just
OF> that you're not running a session manager (such as gnome-session, or
OF> kde session or xsm) so xfce4 cannot connect to it. It's absolutely not
OF> mandatory and xfce4 can perfectly w/out a session manager.

No, I wasn't worried about that, I've seen that before.

OF> > (xfce4:16279): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkmain.c: line 994
OF> > (gtk_main_quit): assertion `main_loops != NULL' failed Killed
OF> > [root at localhost gardnerj]#
OF>
OF> What version of gtk+ are you running ?

I'm running the gtk from the RedHat 8 install - gtk2-2.0.6. Haven't
touched it.
I tried rebuilding it with --enable-debug but it didn't tell me anything
different. Of course I'm the first to admit I'm not a really experienced
debugger.

Jonathan