[rox-devel] Re: dissappearing icons

Thomas Leonard tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed May 15 18:23:05 CEST 2002

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 03:44:14PM -0500, Edscott Wilson Garc?a wrote:
> El lun, 13-05-2002 a las 13:39, Jasper Huijsmans escribi?:
[...]
> > It seems to work just fine. It's pretty cool with the highlighting and
> > all. I don't know your plans with this, but there are a few thing that
> > are needed to make this really useful:
> > * abbreviation of the titles to the size of the icons with expansion on
> >   highlighting like xfwm does now.
>
> Although I never mentioned it, I've always wanted an option in xfwm so
> that it *won't* abbreviate titles. No abbreviation is a great help when
> you have multiple gvim's open and you have a hard time remembering which
> is which.Maybe the abbreviation could be optional?

I've changed it to wrap the text onto multiple lines... maybe that will
keep everyone happy?

> > * use aplication icons (+ allow to override)
> > * keep icons on one desktop (now they are present on all virtual
> > desktops)

Is this useful? Do people have so many iconified windows they need to
spread them across multiple screens? It seems that that keeping them
'sticky', like the other pinboard icons, would be more useful so you can
move windows between viewports this way...?

Though, I don't use iconified windows often enough to know what's best.

> If they could be mapped (optionally) to the bottom of the screen it
> would also be a great addition.

Yep, icon placement needs lots of work still...

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk		tal197 at users.sourceforge.net