dissappearing icons

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed May 15 14:14:02 CEST 2002

Hi Thomas,

> Yes, works here too now. Except, trying to kill it didn't work :-/

Actually it works, but it takes time since xfwm4 cleans everything up
before leaving, and actually respond to the SIGTERM event once the event
queues (both X and gtk) are totally empty.

> Hope that clears things up a bit ;-)

Yeap, I found the "Backdrop option..." later last night ;-) BTW, I have
problems with the pager : It shows only one desktop, and it's all black
(even when there is no "fake" root window). It shows exectly the same in
kwin, it might not be an xfwm4 problem.

By moving windows, I can tell from the flickering in the pager that
there are some drawing being performed in the pager, but since it's
black on black...

Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.
Designed for productivity,  it loads  and  executes  applications fast,
while conserving  system resources. XFce is all free software, released
under GNU General Public License.    Available from http://www.xfce.org