dissappearing icons

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue May 7 23:31:44 CEST 2002

Edscott,

> I did a fresh checkout and had no problems compiling and installing xfwm4. But
> when I executed it (on a remote machine by setting the DISPLAY variable) I
> minimized an xterm and the icon does not appear anywhere. Ctrl-esc does not
> work either to find the missing application.

Yes, that's perfectly normal. If you remember when I exposed the design
of xfce4, I said the icons would be managed by a separate application
that will be configurable and display minimized apps in either a
taskbar, an icon box or on the desktop depending on user's preference.

Since this application is yet to be written, you won't see any icons.

In the meantime, use Alt+Tab to navigate between apps or use either
gnome panel (panel) or KDE panel (kicker)

> OTH, the screenshot with the penguin sucking on the milk carton is really cool
> ;-)

Yeap, that one is pretty funny.

Take care,
--
Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.