Modified version of Oroborus

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Mar 29 21:15:57 CET 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 13:42, Dmitry DELTA Malykhanov wrote:

> I'm using Xnest X server when I want to try new window manager, so I don't
> have to logout/login back at all. It's usually in the separate package and
> not a part of the default installation -- you may need to install it.
>
> and then it's quite easy:
>
> $ Xnest :1 & # or whatever the display number you like
> $ your_new_wm -display :1

	Thanks Dmitry.  It doesn't seem to like some of the wm's if you run
them like this but I remember from the pre-historic times that you just
need to exec xterm then start the wm from in there.  This worked for
twm, mwm & sawfish (mostly).  It didn't work for kde, but I'm not at all
sure I know how to start kde in the first place.  :-)

--
Using Linux since 11/91		|		http://www.linux.org
Linux user #29402		|		http://counter.li.org