Future of Xfwm

Stephane Paltani spaltani at head-cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 27 00:17:18 CET 2002

Hi Olivier,

I'm a bit worried about what this means(!)

Do you plan to start xfwm 4 from scratch? Is there any
fundamental flaw in xfwm 3 that that you never told us about? :-)

I could not test oroborus yet, but I guess that the main reason
for its very small size is lack of functionalities compared to xfwm...
In what sense is oroborus "better" than xfwm?

Interestingly:

oroborus is 4600 lines of code; xfwm 26000.
Once compiled, I find that xfwm is ~2.5 times _smaller_
than oroborus (same compiler, platform, aso)

Funny, no?

Stephane