[xfwm4] fullscreen file manager windows

Jasper Huijsmans j.b.huijsmans at hetnet.nl
Mon Jun 24 08:21:03 CEST 2002

On 23 Jun 2002 23:13:54 +0200
Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:

> Hi Jasper,
>
> > I use the ROX pinboard as background setter and for desktop icons.
> > Sometimes the fullscreen window is not kept at the bottom of the
> > window stack when changing desktops. It's not completely
> > reproducible, and not all apps are always covered by the fullscreen
> > window, but it happens if you click on the background and then
> > switch to another desktop.
>
> Could you try with the latest CVS (I mean CVS, not tar snapshots) ?

I'll try, it may take a while, because as I said it's not always
reproducible. And, BTW, I always run from CVS ;-) I also updated ROX and
it seems to work better already.

> > PS
> > xfce4 is starting to look more and more like a real application, I
> > think. The main functionality and dialogs are working now. I am now
> > trying to port the clock widget to gtk2. This seems to go well.
>
> I found quite a few bugs (dunno if you are aware, so in case...) :
>
> * At startup, there is a bunch of gtk-warnings :
>
> (xfce4:2871): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: file gdk-pixbuf-scale.c: line 235
> (gdk_pixbuf_scale_simple): assertion `src != NULL' failed
>
> (xfce4:2871): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1309
> (g_object_unref): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

hmm, I don't have these. I'll try and add some checks.

> * The mailcheck action (default to sylpheed) cannot be changed

I know -- this isn't implemented yet. I think it should be possible to
change it, but it's certainly not saved. This is high on my priority
list.

> * if the XML config is not exactly as expected, xfce4 segfaults (I got
> this by using the XML file created bt xfce3)

Right, I only tested absence of the file. I'll look into it.

> * When setting the theme to GNOME, adding new items uses Xfce theme.
> You need to change the theme back and forth to get the proper icon.

I fixed this recently, when did you last checkout the code?

> Hope that helps,

Yes, thanks for the feedback.