[libxfce4mcs] Errors building rpms

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Tue Dec 31 05:02:53 CET 2002

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:53:58 -0500, David Watts wrote:

> I did build libxfcegui4 and libxfce4mcs before xfwm4.
> I did it in order showing on the xfce4 site.
> I searched on my system for .po files and I couldn't find any.
> Is that NLS? If so that could be the problem because I didn't build
> gtk--2 with NLS support.

Sorry, typo there. That was supposed to be .pc files. They are (in RH)
under /usr/lib/pkgconfig/. If yours are there too then you will need to
run

$configure --prefix=/usr

for the library modules, since they are installed under /usr/local by
default. They would install their .pc files under
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig. Unfortunately, pkg-config doesn't look there
by default.

Another way to fix this would be to set the following environment
variable:

$export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig/:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

HTH,

-- b