Problem running XFwm4

Daniel Ciaglia daniel at ciaglia.de
Wed Dec 11 17:23:47 CET 2002

Hi,
On Mon, 09 Dec 2002 09:56:13 -0600, Ted Clark wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> This is a problem that I initially posted on the Source Forge XFce forum

[ problems starting xfce4 ]

I had the same problems some days before with the packages from debian for
sid.

The bug is an missing entry in the xfce4rc file:

icontheme="Crystal" (or any other theme)

This one isn't in the Debianpackage RC nor in the one from the
original-package.

Well, have a look at the bug-report-page on:

The problem is a typo in icons.c from the panel subdirectory.
There's an function to check if there's an theme set in the RC-file and if
not to a default set one. Sadly this value isn't used some lines of code
later ;-(

I reported this bug on Dec 4th and can't explain why the maintainer
doesn't reported it to the developers (maybe froze to death like here in
Germany...).

HTH,
Daniel
--
   Hobbes : Shouldn't we read the instructions?
   Calvin : Do I look like a sissy?