Now this is an ugly theme ;-)

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sun Aug 25 00:32:19 CEST 2002

Hi Jasper,

> Nothing serious, but boy do I _not_ like this theme:
>
> http://members.home.nl/jbhuijsmans/screenshot-20020824.png

So I owe you some explanation. A year or so ago, when BeOS has been
bought by Palm, the engineers at Be were about to release a new version
of BeOS. But since Be was sold, and Palm was not interested in BeOS
(they bought Be for the team, not for the product BeOS), BeOS 6 was
never released.

However, there've been some leakage, and it is possible to find on the
internet an iso image of the developper version of BeOS 6.

A don't have Dano (the codename of what was supposed to be BeOS 6)
myself, and it would probably not support the video card of my laptop
anyway, but some people do. That theme "b6" has been inspired by this
screenshot :

http://www.osnews.com/img/632/zsnake.png

I did not use the screenshot to create the theme, but I used a theme
that can be found on the french Linux news wab site
http://www.linuxfr.org that looks like BeOS 6 a lot (I think you need an
account to be able to change the theme of the web pages)

So, never tell a BeOS lover that you don't like this theme ;-) The rest
is really a matter of taste.

I find it funny myself, but I'm a truely unstable person, I keep
changing themes all the time ;-)

> Anyway it's amazing to see what is possible with xfwm4 and somebody is
> sure to like it.

Yes, that's definitely a nice proof of concept. The interesting point in
this theme is that the window frame takes its colors from the GTK theme.
The shadows, belowt the title also reflect the GTK theme.

I've also changed the gtk engine, after talking with Eugenia from OSNEWS
(http://www.osnews.com). The theme has been also backported to xfce
3.8.18 - I hope people will like it, because it's quite different from
what is was before. Oh well, we'll see.

Take care,
--
Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.