Time to jump in

Jasper Huijsmans huysmans at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 7 23:15:24 CEST 2002

On 07 Aug 2002 16:06:39 -0400
Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:

> 	Ok, I guess it's time I think about jumping into the XFce4 pool.
>
> Question; I am running RH 7.3 with all errata.  Is there anything more
> I need to have installed to run XFce4?  Does gtk2 come with this
> beast?  I would prefer to not have to put more crap^H^H^H^H libraries
> on this box.

Well, I really don't know if RH 7.3 has GTK2 installed, but it should be
easy enough to find rpms for redhat. The entire GTK core team is
employed by them.

Anyway just wanted to say I hope you like it ;-) You as long-time XFce
user are probably very sensitive to any glitches in the user experience.

For instance I would like to know if it feels slower (because of the
increased memory usage). To me it doesn't, but I thin k I might be a
little biased.

Jasper

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.openprojects.net