Question regarding libutempter support in xfce4-terminal

Takahiro YOSHIZAWA kuro at takahiro.org
Thu Sep 17 06:01:20 CEST 2026


Hello,

My name is Takahiro.

I have a question regarding xfce4-terminal.
I am currently using version 1.1.5, 
but I have also been looking at the latest source code on GitLab 
(https://gitlab.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-terminal).

I noticed that meson_options.txt still provides an option to enable libutempter, 
but is this feature currently functional?

>From what I have checked, commit 7c92d1c09515ef0960f09dbf9e9f604ca15074cf removed code 
related to command-update-records from terminal/terminal-preferences-dialog.c. 
Because of this, it appears that utempter_add_record() in terminal_screen_spawn_async_cb() 
(terminal/terminal-screen.c) might never be executed.

While running xfce4-terminal-1.1.5, 
I have been unable to determine under what conditions records are actually written to utmp/wtmp, 
and I would appreciate some clarification.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Takahiro


-- 
Takahiro YOSHIZAWA

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 870 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce/attachments/20260917/97341e40/attachment.sig>


More information about the Xfce mailing list