How to copy old terminal settings to the new XML ones?

Gaël Bonithon trash.paradise at protonmail.com
Sat May 25 18:11:14 CEST 2024

An automatic migration of settings takes place at startup if the terminalrc file exists and the "xfce4-terminal" xfconf channel does not exist:
https://gitlab.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-terminal/-/blob/b4d8fc0d7e119dd533470b3a2ca4e0e2516ab42f/terminal/terminal-preferences.c#L1284

But if it's just a question of a few settings, this can be done via xfconf-query, all the info is in the file above for property names and types.

Cheers,
Gaël