Issues with 4.16.2 on Slackware64-15.0 [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Mar 30 16:53:06 CET 2024

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024, Piscium wrote:

> I am on Arch but this probably applies to other distros.

> quote: "xdg-user-dirs-update is normally run automatically at the
> start of a user session to update the XDG user dirs according to the
> users locale."
> https://man.archlinux.org/man/xdg-user-dirs-update.1

Piscium,

I just read the https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Desktop_entries page and
did not see an answer to my question. I've used Xfce since I first became
aware of it in 1997(?; that's when I defenestrated to linux.)

I've not before had an issue with directories on $HOME until I installed
Slackware64-15.0 on a new SSD in my laptop.

Looking at ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs on my -14.2 desktop I see how to modify
the one on the laptop to get what I want.

Thanks,

Rich