Issues with 4.16.2 on Slackware64-15.0

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 29 17:03:25 CET 2024

On Wed, 27 Mar 2024, Rich Shepard wrote:

> Using the settings window (which now has icons plus text; wish I can have
> the list as text instead), I selected 'Workspaces' and added to a total of
> 8. However, while panel 2 shows a long grey bar there are not 8 individual
> workspaces; all launchers are on one workspace and I cannot find the
> workspace switcher which would display all 8 workspaces on panel 2 and let
> me move launchers to individual workspaces.

Found the workspace switcher as a panel internal additional module.

New question: Why can I not delete ~/Desktop? It always re-appears with
perms 755 and neither I nor root can delete it. I've never used Desktop or
any of the default capitalized directories in $HOME.

A clue stick is needed.

TIA,

Rich