Thunar - split view - keyboard shortcuts

vrgovinda vrgovinda at protonmail.com
Sun Mar 24 08:01:15 CET 2024

Hi all.

I'm using Thunar 4.18.4

1. F3 - opens up split view.
2. I can use the arrow keys to navigate the directories in the 2nd pane. I can also enter into any one of the directories and explore the contents.
3. Press F6 twice to switch to the 1st pane.
4. I can use the arrow keys to navigate the directories in the 1st pane. But I cannot enter into any one of the directories and explore the contents.
5. Press F6 again to switch to the 2nd pane.
6. I can use the keys to navigate and explore the directories.

>From the above sequence of steps, it is observed that pane switching is possible using F6 but nothing more than that w.r.t the 1st pane.
Only a mouse click inside the 1st pane can activate it.

Is there any way to use only the keyboard to navigate/explore seamlessly the directories in both the panes?

Thanks and regards,
vrgovinda