Fixing where windows come up on RHEL 9

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Mon Jan 22 20:11:51 CET 2024

I see that there are tools in the Settings Manager applet, including
Window Manager/Advanced/Windows snapping, and Window Manager
Tweaks/Placement/Minimum size of windows to trigger smart placement
(small) and "at the center of the screen." But even with playing around
with those settings, I can NOT get a new window to be centered. I am
trying to get new windows to be centered, or at least I'd prefer that if
I close an app, it opens in the same place next time, but it doesn't.

I am probably doing something wrong, but my Google searches are
apparently weak. If anyone has advice, I'm all ears.

--
Thomas