Xfce Digest, Vol 238, Issue 6

Silvio Knizek killermoehre at gmx.net
Fri Sep 22 15:13:36 CEST 2023

Am Freitag, dem 22.09.2023 um 12:28 +0000 schrieb vrgovinda:
> ```
>
> 4. I didn't wish to have `xscreensaver' just for this sake. I wanted to get the LightDM login after the system wakes up [also lightDM can be customized to look pretty too!]. Therefore, I have uninstalled xscreensaver.
>

> Another issue that I face with xscreensaver is that it takes the keyboard layout that I was working on before suspend. So when the PC resumes from suspend, I am stuck with the same keyboard layout. For instance, sometimes I am on Tamil or Sanskrit, then xcreensaver also adopts the same keyboard layout.
>
> The problem is that I can no longer key in my password since my password is in English! This is not an issue with LightDM. It always shows English as the keyboard layout irrespective of what I have used before suspend.
>
> Hope my issue is clear. I request the devs in this group to fix this issue so that I can have password prompt to show up after system wakes up from suspend.
>
> I tried raising an issue with GITLAB, but I don't know how to do it.
>
> Regards,
> vrgovinda
> ```

Hi vrgovinda,

xscreensaver is a standalone project and not part of Xfce. You won't get any specific help for it here.

For better integration with lightdm you can use light-locker[1] or even better xfce4-screensaver[2].

BR
Silvio

[1]: https://github.com/the-cavalry/light-locker
[2]: https://gitlab.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-screensaver