Conflict between xfce4-screensaver and xfce4-power-manager-settings?

Alain.Cochard at unistra.fr Alain.Cochard at unistra.fr
Mon Sep 4 23:48:52 CEST 2023

Well, maybe "conflict" is not a proper term.

I had unchecked the "Lock screen when system is going to sleep" button
in xfce4-power-manager-settings|System.  It was working fine.

At some later time, I installed xfce4-screensaver.  It was not
explicit and was together with many other packages, so it took me time
to realize why my screen got locked after some time of inactivity --
this seems to be the default of this screensaver.

Perhaps the above mentioned button should be unusable when
xfce4-screensaver is around?

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard at unistra.fr
5 rue René Descartes   [bureau 110]  | Phone: +33 (0)3 68 85 50 44
F-67084 Strasbourg Cedex, France     | [ slot available for rent ]