A screensaver question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 28 19:44:44 CEST 2023

With the new Radeon RX-580 video card installed screensaver behavior has
changed. Rather than going black after the set time (now 3 minutes) until I
awaken it, now it blacks out, then reactivates, and repeats one or more
times before staying blank.

The Display Mode options are: Blank After 3 min; Cycle After 0 min. I don't
know what the cycle after really does, but I changed that from the default
to zero to see if that stopped the immediate reactivation. It doesn't. The
Lock Screen option is disabled.

The Advanced Options are: Fade to Black when Blanking is enabled. The
Display Power Management options are less than they used to be: Standby
after 3 min; Suspend after 5 min; Off after 7 min; and Quick Power-Off in
Blank Only Mode enabled.

Please recommend options for both tabs that will keep the screen from
reactivating automatically and reactiving only under my control.

TIA,

Rich