Clipman panel plugin incorrectly remembering mouse selections

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Fri Jun 9 12:18:23 CEST 2023

With all this discussion of clipman I wanded to chime in.  I'm currently
on Xubuntu 22.04.2 with the standard repository package of xfce4-clipman
version 2:1.6.2-1.

xfce4-clipman workied fine on Xubuntu 20.04 but broke completely on the OS
upgrade.  Now it only pastes the last mouse selection (the normal B2 paste
buffer) regardless of what is selected from the pop-up menu.  I've reported
this bug here and it was confirmed by one other user:

https://gitlab.xfce.org/panel-plugins/xfce4-clipman-plugin/-/issues/65

Nothing has yet been done to fix this.  Can the standard clipman package
from the repository (1.2.0_git20200218.39fd4fe-2) be installed parallel
to xfce4-clipman and used on Xubuntu?  In the meantime I'm using diodon,
but it has its own serious problem.

Thanks for any insights.
--
Jeffery Small