Issues with 4.16.2 on Slackware64-15.0 [UPDATE]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Apr 23 18:58:45 CEST 2023

On Sun, 23 Apr 2023, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I suspect that you likely got it by running xfce4-settings-manager. You
> probably can use it to handle the xfce4-panel, too. If not, try a left
> click on sveral positions of the panel, you likely get a box to add
> something to that panel, e.g. a workspace thingy.

Ralf,

Actually, it's not working that way and I was about to ask how to use the
'move' feature on a panel item.

When I added a couple of launchers to the panel they were placed at the
right end. I want to move those launchers to one of the empty workspaces.

Right-clicking 'move' brings up a little icon. Trying to move that icon to
an empty workspace and drop it there fails with any left-, right-,
both-clicks on the mouse.

How do I move a panel's contents to a specific workspace?

TIA,

Rich