Feature: fix borders for misbehaving applications

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Oct 20 18:59:45 CEST 2022

On Thu, 2022-10-20 at 18:30 +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 at 18:08, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> >
> > There's no workaround available for the gtk4 CSD issue. Welcome to a
> > world for idiots, get used to other great designs:
> > https://miro.medium.com/max/640/0*9p89st4mvcEPmpsf.jpg
> >

> You have the right to have different opinions, and I respect your
> opinion, but that doesn't grant you the right to call others idiots
> publicly on this mailing list.
>
> Let's keep the discussions civilized, shall we.

My apologies!

But also consider to discuss it from an objective scientific point of
view.

Books were written about functional design, glass cockpits and related
things. A well know example for ill-considered design is this joke:
https://miro.medium.com/max/640/0*9p89st4mvcEPmpsf.jpg
Objectively considered CSD is ill-considered design. It's not an
opinion.

Good typography aimed to inform the reader doesn't use 5 different fonts
for 5 sentences. A glass cockpit, weapon system and a desktop for
production should not use 5 different window designs for 5 different
windows. I guess the reasons for this approach doesn't need an
explanation.