I need the syntax for xfce group reinstall

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Wed Jul 20 21:20:58 CEST 2022

On 7/20/22 01:47, Fontana Nicola wrote:

> Il giorno mer, 20/07/2022 alle 01.24 -0700, ToddAndMargo ha scritto:

>>> Not using Fedora here, but 'XFCE' is not 'Xfce'.
>>>
>>> Ciao.
>>

>> # dnf group remove 'Xfce Desktop'
>> Warning: Module or Group 'Xfce Desktop' is not installed.
>> Dependencies resolved.
>> Nothing to do.
>> Complete!
>
> So it is not installed. What about:
>
>      dnf group install 'Xfce Desktop'
>
> Ciao.

Hi All,

The reason for the reinstall was to correct teh issue
with having to always press "end" to get renames in
krusader to take.  And it worked.

Got it (krusader issue) fixed.

Before doing the below, I did a

# dnf group remove 'Xfce Desktop'
Warning: Module or Group 'Xfce Desktop' is not installed.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!

And is seems the Xfce was never installed with a group install.

Here is how I fixed it:

1) booted into MATE (`init 3` would have also worked.)

2) did a
         # rpm -qa xfce4\*
3) removed each package, except terminal, which I was
    using in MATE, one at a time:
         # dnf remove xfce4_packages(s)

4) reinstalled Xfce
         # dnf group install 'Xfce Desktop'

5) booted back into Xfce

6) tested krusader's rename.  Problem solved.

I also noticed Xfce was snappier too.

Here are my notes on group install and removing Xfce:

Xfce group install: