Is the X startup sequence described anywhere?

Jarno Suni sunijarno at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 13:31:13 CET 2022

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 12:16 PM Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

> I'm specifically after the GUI login configuration and how it
> automatically unlocks one's keyring with the login password.
>
> I.e. what controls the sequence of things that happen after entering
> one's password on the xdm/gdm/lightdm login screen.

One odd thing I noticed with Xfce (Xubuntu) LightDM combination was
that the graphics driver was loaded only after GUI login - logout
sequence: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-340/+bug/1946987
Not sure if Xfce has anything to do with it, though, as it seems to
happen with other DE as well.