shutdown on lid?

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Sat Apr 2 08:02:32 CEST 2022

On 4/1/22 21:25, MR ZenWiz wrote:
 > These settings should be in the xfce4 Power Manager settings app.
 >
 > HTH,
 >
 > Mark

You would think.  But they are not.

Apparently, Xfce uses
      /etc/systemd/logind.conf
      HandleLidSwitch=suspend

which you have to configure manually, but I
do not know the proper settings.

So far I only have it blanking out the monitor
when the lid closes, but it does not recover
when reopened, although the mouse and keybaord
works when I open the lid.  I have to <ctrl><alt><f2>
and do a reboot

I have not tried:

    xfconf-query -c xfce4-power-manager -p
/xfce4-power-manager/logind-handle-lid-switch -s false