Re. How do I autostart xscreensaver?

Sergio kachariy at protonmail.com
Thu Sep 23 11:56:12 CEST 2021

> Hi All,
>
> Fedora 34
> lightdm-1.30.0-14.fc34.x86_64
> Xfce 4.14
>
> How do I set xscreensaver to autostart with Lightdm
> and Xfce?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Hi. Fedora 34 uses xfce 4.16. You openthe settings manager and select 'session and startup', then choose the 'automatic startup of applications' tab, click on the '+' (plus) sign at the bottom left corner and add xcreensaver's entry.
See this picture (my system is in Portuguese):
https://ibb.co/XJgvvcq
(image will be deleted in 1 month)

If you just want screen to blank while in lightdm greeter (outside xfce), then set the 'screensaver-timeout' parameter in /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf