"....well, don't do that, then!" - is this really sensible?

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Tue May 4 23:38:43 CEST 2021

On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 09:09:19PM +0000, ghe2001 wrote:

> Try ctl-alt-f1 to get out of the GUI
>     ctl-alt-f2 to get back
>
> (Remember or write down ctl-alt-f2 when you press ctl-alt-f1 :-)
>
> And when you're in the CLI terminal, you can edit something to get your mouse back.  I don't know what it is, but someone else will probably know...

What do you mean by getting your mouse back though? If you mean the equivalent of ctrl-alt-f2, on Linux it's
chvt 2
(but you probably need root privs)

--
Ambrose Li <ambrose.li at gmail.com> | Time zone: GMT-4 (Eastern)
ambroseli.ca

“‘Innovation’ is a buzzword. Often the word means nothing”
— Scott Berkun