xfwm4 crash when using x2go

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Jan 15 12:48:43 CET 2021

I just noticed that xfwm4 crashes when I run an x2go session, it
didn't used to do this, it *may* have started when I upgraded to
xubuntu 20.10.

When it crashed I started a new xfwm4 from a terminal, this provides
the following crash report when it too crashes (again when running
x2go):-

    xfwm4:15183): Gdk-ERROR **: 11:27:33.867: The program 'xfwm4' received
    an X Window System error.
    The error was 'XSyncBadAlarm'.
      (Details: serial 213260 error_code 135 request_code 134 (SYNC) minor_code 11)
       To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE environment
       variable to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
    Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

Is this a bug in xfwm4 or in x2go?

--
Chris Green