Power manager panel plugin update frequency

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Mon Jan 11 19:10:17 CET 2021

"Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI" <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:25:35 +0000
> cl at isbd.net wrote:
>
> > How frequently does the power manager plugin update its display?
>
> I do not use the power manager, but have noticed that since a recent upgrade,
> the panel auto-hide takes several seconds instead of being instantaneous.
>

> Could it be linked to your problem ?

Possibly, I've no idea really.  I have found out a little bit more,
the program upower seems to be just as slow as the power manager
plugin.

However the program on_ac_power sees the power plug going in and out
instantly so I've written a silly little script that uses on_ac_power
and allows me to check my cable more easily.

I'll ask on the ubuntu lists as upower isn't xcfe specific.

--
Chris Green
ยท