Power manager panel plugin update frequency

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Mon Jan 11 16:25:35 CET 2021

How frequently does the power manager plugin update its display?

I am running xubuntu 20.10 on a Lenovo T470 laptop and the display of
'charging/discharging' seems to take a long time to notice when the
power lead is pulled out.

In fact I'm not sure it's changing at all when I pull the plug out,
it's certainly over a minute now and it still says the battery is
charging.  Ah, it finally changed to indicate that my battery is
discharging, after something like two minutes.  Is this normal?

Going back to "your battery is charging" is almost instant when I plug
the power lead back in though.

Is there any way I can change the update time?  I am trying to
diagnose a faulty charging lead and without any reliable indication of
battery charging/discharging it's very difficult.

Is this something that might have changed recently as I don't remember
noticing this before (though I didn't have a faulty power lead before!).

--
Chris Green