Ristretto - grey bars

Piscium groknok at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 01:22:27 CEST 2021

On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 at 22:46, Piscium <groknok at gmail.com> wrote:

> Funny thing, Thunar has the same bug. However whereas I can make the
> bug in ristretto manifest quite easily if I display a number of
> pictures, I think it is the first time I see the issue in Thunar. It
> happened immediately after I did a batch rename with Thunar. The batch
> rename window closed after renaming (not sure if that is normal) and
> the main Thunar window then had the same grey curved bars as in
> Ristretto (the blue-grey bars were not there before I called the batch
> rename). The other day I took a quick look at Ristretto. It calls
> Cairo. The issue might be with respect to drawing the background. It
> might be the same in Thunar. The mystery is where the curves come
> from!

I did some more tests. It seems that the curved bars are a feature of
something, probably Cairo. If I try to scroll with Thunar to the end
or beginning of a long list, I see the bars. This also happens with
Caja (the GTK3 Mate file manager), so the bars in themselves don't
seem to be a bug, or if they are it's a Cairo bug.

The bug in Ristretto and the one I came across in Thunar is that not
only one but two bars appeared in a static situation, when I was not
trying to scroll.

I made a 7 second video showing the feature in Thunar when I
repeatedly try to scroll past the beginning and end of a long list.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uOjcihrPkwWE6Y1wJQnshYc0klnabjOt/view?usp=sharing